10 Things reporters don’t want to hear
- You just write those sensational stories to sell newspapers
- You put a terrible headline on that story
- The chief executive is gone for the day. I’ll have him call you tomorrow.
No, I can’t reach him now.
- Why don’t you just run the statement we sent you instead of asking all these questions?
- You seem like a good reporter. I’m sure you would never write anything that would make
me angry or upset.
- I can’t go beyond what’s in the press release
- No comment
- I thought we were talking ‘off the record’
- Do you know how much we spend advertising on your radio station
- Did you receive my news release